Daytime Emergency Vet Care
Contact Monte Vista Small Animal Hospital
OPEN: Monday -Friday: 07:00 am - 10:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
Call: (209) 634-0023
After-Hours Emergency Vet Care
Contact Taylor Veterinary Clinic
Call: (209) 669-8600
Emergency Vet Services
If your pet is experiencing any symptoms or behaviors that you are concerned about, contact our office right away, or the after-hours emergency pet hospital location above.
The reliable and compassionate team at Monte Vista Small Animal Hospital offers veterinary care for pets in most emergency situations. Animals are our passion, we take pride in providing quality medical care when your pet needs it most.
Steps to Take In A Pet Emergency
If you are experiencing a veterinary emergency, follow the steps below.
- Call Ahead If Possible - During regular business hours call us right away. After hours, call the emergency animal hospital listed above to let them know you are on the way.
- Follow Instructions Provided - When you call us to let us know you are on your way, we may provide instructions to help you apply first aid or otherwise make your pet as comfortable as possible. Follow these instructions carefully.
- Remain Calm - Remain calm and be extra careful around your pet. When an animal is in pain they often react negatively towards anyone trying to help and could bite or scratch.
- Bring Your Pet In For Care - Do not put yourself or your pet at risk! Safely bring your pet to our Turlock veterinary hospital or the after-hours emergency vet location above.
Vet Emergency FAQs
Read through our most frequently asked questions below to learn more about bringing your pet in for an emergency vet appointment at Monte Vista Small Animal Hospital.
- Do I need to call ahead?
Monte Vista Small Animal Hospital provides emergency and urgent veterinary care for cats and dogs during our regular hospital hours. It's always best to contact us in advance if you can so we can prepare if necessary, but we understand that in emergency situations that's not always possible.
- When is your hospital open?
Our veterinarians see emergency cases during our regular business hours:
- Monday:07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Tuesday:07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Wednesday:07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Thursday:07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Friday:07:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Sunday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- What situations require emergency veterinary care?
The following situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care:
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or continuous coughing/gagging
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
- How long will we have to wait to see the vet?
Our Turlock animal hospital is just like a human doctor's office—it can be unpredictable and you may have to wait.
We cannot predict what cases we will see and when they will arrive. While we typically have low wait times, we will see pets in order of medical urgency.
- What happens if my pet needs to stay in the hospital?
Some veterinary emergencies require intensive overnight medical care. If a pet needs overnight care or monitoring we will transfer them our local emergency hospital and then have them transferred back to us the next day so we can continue any necessary care.
While in our care, our dedicated team will treat your pet as if they were our own.
- What types of animals do you treat?
Our emergency veterinarians are mostly experienced with cats and dogs, but will see other small animals, such as birds and rodents, in serious situations.
New Patients Welcome
Monte Vista Small Animal Hospital is accepting new patients! Our experienced vets are passionate about the health of Turlock companion animals. Get in touch today to book your pet's first appointment.